Contract/Project Manager - Mechanical & Electrical Project
CLG Group - Leeds
Job Title: Electrical Project Manager
Reporting to: Contracts Director
Location: Leeds with travel throughout UK
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: As required by specific tasks and job location
Working within the Industrial/Commercial/Leisure/Education/Residential sectors of the Construction Industry the Contract/Project Manager will be responsible for managing projects throughout their full lifecycle, including planning, monitoring and controlling programmes to ensure that schedules and requirements are adhered to and initiatives are delivered on time, within budget and to a high quality. They will also be involved with identifying potential business change projects, evaluating their feasibility and designing and implementing new initiatives.
Duties in brief:
- Managing a number of key projects from concept through to completion, including installation and commissioning
- Controlling capital expenditure in line with budgets
- Leading teams of engineers
- Be part of a regional team of co-workers to undertake project requirements to include; attending site visits, assessing project scope and providing solution-based value engineered cost estimations to the Client.
- Undertake initial project feasibility and scoping to include elements such as; design, procurement, construction and on-site commissioning costs.
- Provide technical expertise in all areas of Electrical Engineering.
- Follow technical specifications and deliverables of projects in accordance with Client specification.
- Liaise with Clients, contractors and suppliers to ensure successful project delivery.
- Work with other CLG Project/Contract Managers and delivery team comprising mechanical and electrical engineers and commissioning engineers for successful project delivery
- Act as the Company representative at Client site and contract meetings.
- Seek additional opportunities within the industry, through Client liaison.
- With guidance from our 3rd Party Health & Safety Consultants, ensure all Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality matters are effectively managed on site. This will include the generation of risk assessments, method statements and the enforcement of all relevant legislative requirements.
The successful candidate shall have a flexible approach to work, with the ability to manage and prioritise their time effectively and to work on their own initiative. They will be a decisive, influential and analytical project management professional, with at least three years’ project management experience, with excellent communication and negotiation skills, the ability to work well under pressure, and strong leadership / management skills.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent industry experience) in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in the Mechanical & Electrical Contracting industry is essential.
- Demonstrable track record of success planning, budgeting, executing and delivering projects on time and to budget
- Working knowledge of industry practice and H&S legislation including management of risk assessments
- Demonstrate a commercial awareness and an ability to recognise new opportunities
- Willingness to travel to and work in different geographical locations when required and to manage own workload including adapting work schedules in line with business demands
- Computer literate
- Uk driving licence and/or ability to travel
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical: 4 years
- Project Management: 4 years
CLG Mechanical and Electrical Contractors Ltd are always interested to hear from motivated, enthusiastic and talented individuals from all mechanical and electrical disciplines.
In the first instance please forward your C.V. to Lisa Longbottom at